Everyone seems to be struggling making money with hyperlocal websites. Patch is still desperately hoping to hit profitability, and NBC News has shut down it’s hyperlocal site EveryBlock.
We’ve previously explored the real estate brokerage model for hyperlocal websites here at Entreproducer. The ideas in that article evolved into our very first AgentPress live training event, which by all accounts was a smashing success.
Yes, and Mike Orren has found one. Mike is a hyperlocal veteran who knows first-hand the struggles that come with making local journalism profitable.
Content marketers take note — this local model is right up your alley. And we lay it all out for you.
In this 23-minute talk, Mike Orren and I discuss:
- How Mike has thrived building alternative hyperlocal revenue streams
- The coming (unlimited) demand for serious content producers
- Why we’re waiting for the rise of the next David Ogilvy
- Why Facebook just might work for local ad targeting
- How Mike developed a powerful partnership with “old media”
- What native advertising means for the future of hyperlocal websites
Or, listen on the player below …
The Show Notes:
- Mr. Mike Orren
- Speakeasy Content Generation Agency
- Pegasus News
- Content Marketing 101
- How to Build Profitable Hyperlocal Websites
- Your Boulder
- AgentPress: Smart Online Marketing Strategies for Real Estate Professionals
- Native Advertising: What Does it Mean for Content Producers?
*This week’s show is brought to by Synthesis, managed WordPress hosting for serious online entrepreneurs.