Case Study: Greatist.com
One year to one million unique visitors? I’m clearly in the wrong niche.
Derek Flanzraich is a health-and-happiness-obsessed guy who loves media. Not content to stick with a job in the established media business, Derek made new media his business by starting up the health and wellness site Greatist.
A play on artist, a greatist is someone who chooses better to improve their fitness, health, and happiness. It’s an editorial focus that has brought tons of social media sharing and traffic in only one short year. Now, Derek and his team will grow revenue and the business — not with advertising — but by becoming the trusted source for product and service recommendations when it comes to smart health and wellness.
In this 30-minute audio case study, you’ll discover:
- Why Derek Started Greatist
- The personal characteristic that drives Derek’s ambition
- The 3 keys of Greatist’s content success
- Why Greatist is fanatical about content fact-checking
- How Derek built social sharing into his editorial process
- Why Greatist isn’t building an ad-based business
- The challenges and rewards of new media startup life
- What Derek would do if he could start over from scratch
Download the mp3 here or listen on the player below.