Brad Feld is one of the most respected venture capitalists on the planet. He got there by being true to who he is and what he believes.
Like many of us, Brad bootstrapped his first business, Feld Technologies. After selling that business, he didn’t rest on his laurels. He became an angel investor, and ramped up his “sleep at night money” into a whole different realm of wealth.
And yet, he’ll tell you a familiar story. Value, community, generosity.
In this 37-minute conversation, Brad and I discuss:
- Who should (and shouldn’t) take venture capital
- Why Brad was forced to moved to Boulder, CO
- How a startup culture can transform any community
- The perils and pleasures of the entrepreneurial life
- Why Brad and the Foundry Group are dedicated bloggers
- The difference between “Sleep at Night” and “F*ck You” money
- Why traditional marketing makes Brad sick
Or, listen on the player below …
The Show Notes:
- Feld Thoughts
- Foundry Group
- Startup Life: Surviving and Thriving in a Relationship with an Entrepreneur
- Venture Deals: Be Smarter Than Your Lawyer and Venture Capitalist
- Startup Communities: Building an Entrepreneurial Ecosystem in Your City
- Do More Faster: TechStars Lessons to Accelerate Your Startup
*This week’s phone call is brought to by AgentPress.com. Head over and sign up (free) to grab the recording of my webinar “A Step-By-Step Guide to Building a Local Website that Works.”